Harris Sports, one of our two school uniform suppliers, are able to offer an on-line ordering service. This can be accessed by clicking on their website www.harrissports.co.uk, then clicking on the Cotham school link on the left hand side of the page and selecting from the garments available. Our other uniform supplier is www.famousbranches.com, and can be accessed by clicking on the Cotham icon on the homepage. Harris Sports are also available in school every Thursday from 2.30pm to to 4.00pm to view and buy uniform.
Harris's contact number: 01275 874 351
Famous Branches contact number: 0117 962 0011
In addition, good quality second hand uniform can be purchased from school on the first Friday of each term from 2.30pm to 4.00pm. Please enter via the Main Entrance on Cotham Lawn Road.
At Cotham School we expect our students to be proud to wear our uniform. They need to be wearing the uniform properly. This means having the top button of the polo shirt fastened, the collar outside of the sweatshirt and sleeves rolled down. If it is warm and students remove their sweatshirts, their polo shirts should be tucked into their trousers or skirts. The student ID card should be worn at all times and be visible above the uniform. We do not allow extreme hairstyles or hair dyed in unnatural colours. Details about jewellery and other items of uniform can be found on the website and in the student planners.
Year 7 Uniform
Year 8 - 11 Uniform
Students at Cotham School are expected to wear full school uniform. It is also as important to wear correct PE / Games and Dance kit. The uniform is as follows:
- Sweatshirts: For Year 7 only a navy blue v necked jumper with embroidered logo. For all other years a navy blue sweatshirt with embroidered Cotham logo (hoodies cannot be worn instead of sweatshirts or an outdoor coat).
- Polo shirt: For Year 7 only white polo shirts with house colour trim on collar and embroidered Cotham logo. For all other years white polo shirts with embroidered Cotham logo. Either a breast or a sleeve embroidered logo is acceptable.
- Footwear: Black, leather type shoes only (no boots, raised heel, canvas, trainers, logos or brands). No ‘dolly’/ballet type shoes. Shoes must fasten securely with laces or a strap and the foot must be fully enclosed. Uniform shoes must be worn throughout the day – changing into trainers during break or lunch time is not permitted.
- Tights: must be black or navy blue. Socks must be ankle socks or below the knee in black, navy or white and must be plain (no patterns).
- Skirts: Regulation black, knee-length, pleated or with a pleat feature school uniform skirts from our suppliers (no stretchy material, logos or brands).
- Trousers: Tailored, loose, black parallel trousers, no external raised seams, pockets or rivets, no logos or brands, not jean or tracksuit style. No leggings or tight fashion trousers.
- Lanyards: Students must wear their lanyards and ID cards at all times. These must be round the neck and visible. The first lanyard will be provided by the school and should be worn at all times. If you lose it you will have to pay for a replacement.
- Jewellery: One small ring only, one small pair of earrings only. No bangles, necklaces, nose studs or facial piercings. (Unacceptable jewellery will be confiscated).
- Headwear: No caps under any circumstances. Plain woollen hats only worn during winter period, outside (not in school buildings). Headscarves worn for religious or cultural reasons should be plain navy blue, black or white and must not cover the face.
- Make up and coloured nail varnish is not permitted. No extreme hairstyles or hair colour permitted.
- Coats: Plain dark coats without intrusive logos or brands. No denim jackets. No leather jackets. No fur coats.
- Bags: Students need a substantial school bag big enough to contain PE/Dance kit, exercise books, text books, a pencil case, planner and other equipment. Small string bags, handbags and fashion bags are not permitted.
Students are expected to bring to school, every day, their planner, and the following in a pencil case;
- Pen, pencil, rubber, small ruler, glue stick, calculator, sharpener and some coloured pencils.
- Clear pencil cases are required for all examinations
- Reading book
- Mobile phones must be switched off and kept in bags between 8.30 a.m. and 3.05 p.m. otherwise they will be confiscated by a member of staff. Confiscated phones can be collected by a parent/carer from main school reception at the end of the following day. See Mobile Phone Policy for further information.
- All electronic devices and headphones are not permitted on site and will be confiscated if seen
- Balls cannot be carried around the school site other than at break or lunchtime. Balls are to be kept in a locker or handed to a member of staff.
Our school uniform suppliers are The Famous School Branches (http://store.famousbranches.com) and Dave Davies (www.harrissports.co.uk). Please visit their shops or websites to view the approved skirts and trousers.
PE Kit 2016
Years 7 – 9
- Black Cotham Dance t-shirt
- Black shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms.
Years 10 – 11
- White short sleeved t-shirt
- Pale grey leggings or tracksuit bottoms
In addition to the uniform list, provided below are some visual examples of correct and incorrect uniform items. Thank you for ensuring that your child is in the correct uniform.