GCSE Results 2014 – The Headlines
- 77% of the cohort achieved at least 5A*-C with Maths and English.
An excellent achievement and one of the best ever results at Cotham, especially considering unprecedented demands on the students and staff due to huge and relentless changes in the curriculum and assessment
- Considering the wide ability profile of our students it is even more impressive that 83% of students made at least expected progress in English (considering their starting point) and 89% in Maths with 41 and 57% making more than expected progress in En and Maths respectively.
- 80% of students achieved at least 5A*-C in the subjects which are counted in the performance table
- 99.4% of the students obtained at least 5A*-G enabling them to progress to post 16 studies at the NB Post 16 Centre or a college.
- 100% of students secured a post 16 destination thanks to their result and hard work of our amazing IAG/Careers team.
- Over 30 % of students obtained more than 5A*/A and well over 30% of all grades are A*/B (nat av: 23.5%)
- The results in most subjects are outstanding (over 85% A*-C)
- 40% of students achieved A*-C in EBacc subject (highest ever score)
- All students passed their BTEC courses and almost 50% of all grades are A*/A.
- 64% of all separate science grades are A*/A
There are some amazing individual achievements:
- 13 (7%) students have between 5 and 11 A* grades
- 55 (29%) students have between 5-12 A*/A grades
- 102 students (57%) have between 5 and 13 A*-B grades