Race, Identity and School Leadership Programme
The leadership of this anti-racist work is shared by the senior leadership team and therefore we have signed up to the Race, Identity and School Leadership Programme. The programme launched in September 2020 and 2 workshops have already been presented. This is providing the leadership team with the space and one to one support to address:
- Key principles of racial equality and social justice and what best practice looks like in individual school contexts
- Question and reflect on the prevailing narratives that have shaped the discourse on race, identity, education and the achievement of Black pupils
- Use a narrative enquiry framework to identify how to create personal and organisational narratives that support the achievement of pupils of different races and backgrounds
- Equip senior school leaders with the necessary psychological and emotional tools for engaging in difficult conversations about race
- Increase leaders own sense of personal agency and ability to act as an agent of change
This programme is being facilitated by a trained coach and the Deputy Headteacher is receiving one to one coaching in addition to the group coaching outlined above.