Year 10 Work Experience week will be 29th June - 3rd July 2020
Please see the link below to the work experience form (WEX) that needs to be returned to school.
Dates to return form:
Outside Bristol Friday 7th February 2020.
Bristol area Friday 3rd April 2020.
Using the learn about work link - Students will need to find our school name and log on using the password and PIN number that has been provided. This will then allow students to search and look up companies that have been used for work experience in the past. It will give the address, contact name and contact number and a job description.
WORK EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITIES
Atkins are offering work experience 1-5 July.
Students need to complete the application form and return it to email@example.com by March 30th.
Atkins ask that in the final box in section 4.2 of the application form that students state “Bristol Y10 week 2” (1-5 July)
For more information please see their website - https://careers.atkinsglobal.com/work-experience
Civil Service Work Experience Programme.
- A 1 week long work placement within a local Civil Service department, this might include for example; the Home Office, the Department for Work and Pensions or HMRC depending on your location.
- The chance to learn broad employability skills including team working, communication skills, time keeping and taking part in tasks.
- Valuable networking opportunities.
- An insight into the role of government, the work of Civil Servants and how it affects people on a daily basis.
- Increased confidence and raised aspirations.
- Information about Civil Service entry routes and Talent Programmes i.e. Apprenticeship Scheme and Civil Service Fast Stream.
The roles which we have in your area are in the Ministry of Defence however each role will be in a different department.
MOD Engineering - The roles will allow individuals to gain an understanding of what is involved in technological problem-solving capability of engineering (including science and technology) and the organisational, administrative, and planning abilities of management in order to oversee complex enterprises from conception to completion.
MOD - Strategic Supplier Management Team - The role forms part of the Strategic Supplier Management (SSM) Team, whose primary objective is to influence the behaviours of MOD suppliers and commercial staff, to develop a robust, competitive, innovative and capable supply chain for defence. The post holder will support the delivery of these policy objectives.
MOD - Defence Statistics - Defence Statistics provide a range of statistical, economic, analytical, planning and consultancy services for the Ministry of Defence (MOD). The areas covered include military and civilian personnel, finance, logistics, equipment procurement, health of the Armed Forces, health and safety incidents, surveys of MOD personnel, and all National and Official Statistics on Defence.
Please make sure you fill in the School WEX week in the availability section 1-5 July 2019.
Please fill in the attached an application form (below). Return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.